Thursday, June 16, 2011

Aunt Sassy!

Yes my name is Aunt Sassy!! I have been trying to teach the girls my name ever since I have got home. And one of them a couple of weeks ago called me Sassy while trying to say my name. And I LOVED it!!! So since then I have been pushing Aunt Sassy.
And they got it down!!
Today I asked them who is Sassy..
and they both pointed to me and said Sassy!!!
:) :)

Last night was my night to make dinner.
And I must say it was super good!! And its so good and there was some left that my sister says we are going to eat it for leftovers tonight.

Crock Pot Santa Fe Weight Watchers Chicken

Servings: 8 servings Size: 1 cup Old Points: 3 pts Points+: 4 pts
Calories: 190 • Fat: 1.5 g • Fiber: 5.6 g • Carbs: 23.1 g • Protein: 21 g
  • 24 oz (1 1/2) lbs chicken breast
  • 14.4 oz can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
  • 15 oz can black beans
  • 8 oz frozen corn
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • 14.4 oz can fat free chicken broth
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • 1 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
  • salt to taste
Combine chicken broth, beans, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the crock pot. Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top. Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning. Serve over rice (extra pts) with cheese on top.
And the rice you put it over is called

Lime-Cilantro Rice with Pineapple

  • 1 Cup white rice
  • 2 Cups water
  • 2 tablespoons of butter
  • Juice from 1 large lime
  • 1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
  • 1/2-3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
  • salt and black pepper to taste
In a large saucepan, combine rice and water. bring to a boil over high heat and then reduce heat to low, cover tightly, and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to stand, covered, for 5 minutes, so rice can absorb more water.
After 5 minutes, add the butter and stir to melt. Add the lime juice, pineapple, and cilantro. Stir to combine, and then add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.

We have this rice all the time. And it went perfect with the Crock Pot Santa Fa Chicken.
SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!! and SOOOOO EaZY!!!!!!!!

yummy!!!!!!

We went to the pool today with the girls and had so much fun!!
And I got a tan!! :)

Love,
Aunt Sassy!

1 comment:

Kimberly Cone said...

Hey sassy! That meal sounds delish.