Sunday, February 27, 2011

Textiles!!

So I am taking a class called Textiles and we learn everything you can about fabrics. The fibers, yarns, threads, the different kind of fabrics. Well one of the assignments was to weave some different weaves. We did this on little weaving cards. It first It was hard but then it got easier as the time went by. Well I got them back on Thursday adn I forgot about them untill I looked thought my backpack this morning. So here they are.

This is a Plain weave, the EASIEST!!
This is the basket weave, easy also
this is the sateen weave, this one took awhile for it to process in my head but I got it.
This is the Satin weave the opposite of the Sateen weave, harder also.
This is the twill weave easy, well after I figured out that it is best to count, (2 over 2 under)
The Herringbone, this one was also difficult, but I just counted out the pattern and I got it.

I got called into work today, :( so no church for me) but what can I do. Its Utah everyone is Mormon, so we have to have a rotation system. And I haven't work for 2 months on a sunday, so my time is up.

well I got to get ready.

oh and yes stacy I will design your house! whats the budget.....$1,000,000! haha. jk.

Love,
Cassie

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Sure, Cassie! A cool million would make a nice house -- I'll just have to win the lottery first! We'd love to see you visit AZ, though!