Wednesday, January 19, 2011

projects and drafting!


So our final project last semester in one of our classes we had to make a light out of nothing. We had to use all materials that wouldn't be normally used to make a light. So I decided to make a chandelier out of mason jars, I used all different sizes of mason jars. I don't know if you can tell but the last mason jar is this HUGE one. I got them from the DI (thats a thrift store out here). It has three levels and I frosted the jars and put the battery tee lights in the jars. and then I bought two small wreath forms and tied them together and then i hung everything else off of it. I used A LOT of wire and it is very heavy like 20 pounds heavy. I also used some chain and a huge hook.




Dana's light was so cool. I loved it!! She got plastic cups and zip-ties and some christmas lights and she made like the best light out of everyone.



Since I have been here, yesterday was the first day that I felt like a interior design student. Why? you may ask... well last night Dana and I had drafting. While walking to class we had to carry a drawing board, a t-square, and a starter kit.


Our class is from 6-9pm so when we are walking home t-squares come in handy for fighting off potential rapist. not saying that there is any but if the situation would come upon us we are ready!!! oh and our friend Sarah that walks with us, has pepper spray. So we are save.

So i need to get going I still have to get ready, finish homework, and i have work form 4-10pm kill me. but I need the money.

Love,
Cassie

3 comments:

Kim Mayfield said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Mayfield said...

Awesome project, Cass! I have a craft room you can come help me with this summer when you get home! :)

Stacey said...

Your light is awesome! And you model your drafting kit and t-square so well! I love it!